Random House, Cornerstone
The compelling new standalone novel from the Sunday Times No. 1 bestselling author of Unseen and Cop Town.
With a missing girl in the news, Claire Scott can’t help but be reminded of her sister, who disappeared twenty years ago in a mystery that was never solved.
But when Claire begins to learn the truth about her sister, nothing will ever be the same.
A narrative that will chill you to the bone! Outstanding!
This novel should come with a warning, several warnings actually.
- Do not start preparing meals or doing anything else that requires you attention when you start reading this book. I was fortunate – I just managed to rescue the dinner in the oven before if became charcoal. Then I finished the book.
- Book a yoga or Pilates class or a session of massage for after you finish reading this book – your body will be so tense you will need assistance to wind down after you finish reading this fantastic book.
- Second thoughts a night cap might also do the trick.
- Once you have read this you cannot “unread’ the images- be warned- graphic violence.
- Be prepared to read about truly strong heroines, who do not heed my warnings of not to open that door, or not to go there or to listen to their intuition; especially that little voice in your head that says “do not trust that cop.” They won’t pay you any heed! And you will still be filled with tension.
- Be prepared – to read the most outstanding book in the sub-genre Domestic Noir.
- Be prepared to read this in one sitting – you just have to know how this will end.
- You wont be the same after you have read this.
- And finally there are no star ratings that can do this justice – I say 10 stars!!!!