Welcome to my blog Kaye Dobbie.
Kaye is an Australian author living on the central Victorian goldfields. She has been writing professionally ever since she won the Grafton Big River short story contest at the age of 18. Her career has undergone many changes, including writing Australian historical fiction under the name Lilly Sommers and penning romance novels as Sara Bennett. Kaye has written about, and been published in, many countries, but her passion for Australia shows in her current Harlequin Mira novels.
A big congratulations Kaye on the release of your new book, Sweet Wattle Creek.
Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Kaye Dobbie:
I’m married to an Accountant called Rob and I know of at least two other writers who are also married to Accountants called Rob. (Not the same one I hasten to add!)
- At one stage we had six cats, all strays, a rescued dog and five gold fish. It was crowded.
- My mother’s sister married my father’s father. This has caused much confusion and many long explanations when it comes to me and my cousin. Because as well as being my cousin she became my step-aunt.
- I have an allergy to the dust in books and have to wear a mask when I’m sorting them.
- As a child I was home schooled. We lived on a yacht built by my father, and sailed up the east coast of Australia.
- I was once rescued by a Life Saver from a rip in the surf.
- I was almost School President, a job to which I would be totally unsuited.
- I’ve never felt comfortable in the water since Jaws.
- Once I was writing in my study, heard a rustle behind me, and when I turned around there was a large blue tongued lizard watching me.
10. I have a strong desire to live on a small island far away from everything.
For more information visit http://www.kayedobbie.com